- Mary Beth Cutshall, Managing Partner
Amara Capital invests in hotel and multi-family real estate properties in the US and Europe. Our focus is identifying underperforming value-add opportunities that offer property appreciation and operational performance improvements through renovations, repositioning, repurposing, and adaptive re-use. Amara Capital typically invests in mid to long-term investments with five-to-seven-year exit strategies.
PORTUGAL GOLDEN VISA OPPORTUNITIES
to dual US and EU Citizenship.”
Amara Capital seeks out value-add real estate projects eligible for Portugal Golden Visa Investments. We have an impressive network of carefully selected Portugal-based companies with proven success and unique skill sets specializing in relocation, legal, banking, accounting, and US/Portugal tax laws services who personally guide our US Golden Visa Investors. All companies also have English and Portuguese-speaking professionals.
Benefits for US Citizens with dual citizenship through Portugal
Golden Visa real estate investments:
- Schengen Residency by investing in Portugal; one of the lowest investment thresholds in Europe.
- Freely travel within Europe without an EU visa (required for all US Citizens beginning November 2023).
- Residence permits with a total seven days visit on average annually.
- Portuguese citizenship eligibility in five years; one of the fastest in Europe.
- Visa-free access to 188 countries as a Portuguese citizen.
- Schengen Region work permit eligibility, as well as start and run your own business in Portugal.
- Main applicant may simultaneously extend a Portuguese Golden Visa for dependent family members.
- Tax benefits – Portugal Golden Visa non-residents are only taxed on Portuguese sourced income. Foreigners living in Portugal are considered a resident for tax purposes if they spend more than 183 days in Portugal in any 365-day period or if they main a residence in Portugal.
only delivering the best results
with the best people."
- Mary Beth Cutshall, Managing Partner
With deep and extensive hospitality and multi-family real estate and operations experience, Amara Capital’s leadership has the successful track record, professional network, relationship capital, and innovative strategies to optimize hotel and multi-family investments. Founded by hotel and real estate industry veteran Mary Beth Cutshall, Amara Capital combines investment rigor and insight with a keen focus on increasing investment diversity and wealth for minority investors in opportunistic real estate investments and ownership
in the US and Europe.
Over the past two decades, Mary Beth has been actively involved in hotel and multi-family real estate with an approximate value of over $1.3 billion. She has deep and extensive leadership experience in operations, sales and marketing, food & beverage, acquisitions, renovations, and redevelopment. Previously to Amara Capital, Mary Beth served as the Chief Development Office for HVMG, a private hotel owner and management company with 54+ hotels throughout the US. She successfully led a talented development team focused on new acquisitions, dispositions, and redevelopment. During Mary Beth’s 10-year tenure with HVMG, her responsibilities included leading deal sourcing and originations, feasibility, deal thesis development, oversight of underwriting and financial and market analysis, new equity and JV partnerships, relationship management, transaction due diligence, resulting in the final selection of over 90+ hotel new investment opportunities and 280%+ company growth. Mary Beth is a globally respected real estate industry C-Suite executive, and leadership and ownership diversity champion regularly sought out for her innovative and strategic thought leadership as well as for her extensive successful track record of deal and property management experience.
2022 Amara Capital Group